|10 inch baked flan case/2 cases 6 inches in diameter||1 (Of Either Whole Wheat / White Short Crust Pastry)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Bacon||5 Ounce, chopped (150 Gram)|
|Well beaten eggs||4|
|Milk/Cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Grated cheese||3 Ounce, grated (75 Gram)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, 180°C
2. Thoroughly wash the leeks and cut into 1 inch pieces.
3. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
4. Add the leaks and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
5. Cover the pan, reduce the heat and cook the leeks until they are soft.
6. Take off the heat and cool slightly.
7. Combine leeks with the ham and turn into the pastry case. Spread to line the shell.
8. In a mixing bowl, use a fork to lightly beat the eggs with milk or cream and seasonings.
9. Pour the egg mixture over the leek and ham filling in the pastry.
10. Top with generous sprinkling of cheese.
11. Place the flan tin on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the eggs are set and the cheese has lightly browned.
12. Remove the flan from the oven and cool slightly
13. Cut into wedges and serve warm.