|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweetened condensed milk milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Slivered almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely ground|
1) In a 9-inch cake pan, sprinkle sugar evenly.
2) Preheat oven at 350°.
3) Place the cake pan over medium heat to caramelize sugar. Gently shake the pan by wearing oven mitts, to melt the sugar to a light golden brown.
4) Allow the sugar to cool.
5) In the container of electric blender, add rest of the ingredients to blend at high speed 15 seconds.
6) Pour this mixture on top of caramelized sugar.
7) Use an aluminum foil to cover the pan.
8) In a larger shallow pan, to place this pan.
9) Pour in about 1 inch of hot water in the larger shallow pan.
10) Place this inside oven to bake for 55 minutes or until the cake is ready.
11) Remove pan from water and uncover the aluminum foil.
12) Allow cooling on wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
13) With a spatula, loosen the edges.
14) Place the serving plate on top of the cake pan in an upside down position. Invert the flan quickly over the plate to settle properly.