|Shortcrust pastry||1 (Rich, To Fit An 8 Inch -9 Inch Flan Ring)|
|Gelatin||1 Teaspoon, dissolved in 4 tsp water|
|Water||4 Teaspoon (For Dissolving The Gelatin)|
|Limca/Any lime-based soda||600 Milliliter|
|Lime||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil/Butter||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
2. Grease a 9-inch flan ring or tart tin with oil or butter.
3. Wash the strawberries and pat dry.
4. Slice into half lengthwise
5. On a flour dusted surface, roll the pastry into a 9 inch circle and line the flan ring.
6. Fill the pastry shell with beans and place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until lightly browned
7. Remove the pastry shell from ring and place on a wire rack to cool complete.
8. In a glass bowl, combine the dissolved gelatin with Limca, lemon juice, salt and sugar, stirring until well dissolved.
9. Chill over a bowl of ice, stirring after ever 5 minutes with a metal spoon, so that the gelatin does not settle to the bottom.
10. Add the strawberries to the semi set jelly and mix gently and continue to chill over ice, folding the jelly occasionally to keep the strawberries well distributed.
11. Lightly grease sides of flan ring with oil and return pastry to ring.
12. Turn the semi-set strawberry jelly into the pastry shell and spread evenly.
13. Place the flan in the refrigerator until the jelly has set.
14. Unmould the flan carefully from ring and place on a serving platter or pastry stand.
15. Slice into wedges.
16. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if you like.
Calories 96 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 58.2 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 66.5%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet