|Sifted flour||150 Gram|
|Almonds||75 Gram, blanched, peeled and powdered|
|Chilled butter||150 Gram, cut into cubes|
|Castor sugar||75 Gram|
|Egg||1 , whisked|
|Caster sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Club soda||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Powdered gelatin||1 Tablespoon, dissolved in 4 tablespoon water|
|Water||4 Tablespoon (For Dissolving The Gelatin)|
|Seedless green grapes||150 Gram|
|Black grapes||150 Gram (Seedless)|
|Almonds||3 Tablespoon, blanched, peeled and slivered|
1) Preheat the oven and prepare flan ring.
2) On to a cold work surface, sift flour with salt.
3) Mix the powdered almonds in it.
4) Add butter and with your fingertips, rub into the flour and raise the mixture high to aerate it till it resembles the breadcrumbs.
5) Combine it with sugar and eggs and form a dough.
6) Knead lightly and into the base of flan ring, press to form a disc.
7) Smoothen the pastry's surface and using a fork, prick all over it.
8) In the preheated oven, bake for 15 minutes till crisp and pale gold.
9) Remove pastry from the flan ring and place it over the wire rack to let it completely cool.
10) In a pan, add sugar, soda and wine and cook over low flame till the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
11) To the dissolved gelatine, add sugar syrup and lime juice and mix it well till the syrup is tart enough.
12) Add more lime juice if required.
13) Semi-set over the ice or refrigerate.
14) With a metal spoon, fold occasionally so that the gelatine does not settle at the bottom.
15) With oil, lightly grease the sides of flan rings and return pastry to ring.
16) Arrange the circles of black and green grapes over the top of the pastry.
17) Over the grapes, scatter slivered almonds.
18) Over grapes and almonds, spoon semi-set syrup.
19) Place it in the refrigerator till sets.
20) Remove flan from the ring and place it on a serving platter.
21) Serve chill.
Ice cold water can be added if pastry becomes extra dry.
Calories 540 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.2%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89 mg29.7%
Sodium 78.1 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 25.3 g
Protein 11 g21.3%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 8% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet