1. Preheat oven to 150*C.
2. Scrape seeds from vanilla pod.
3. In a sauce pan, combine milk and cream.
4. Add vanilla seeds to it. Turn the heat to simmer when it starts boiling.
5. In a bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar.
6. Pour cream into the egg yolk mixture. Pour a little amount at at time.
7. In a jug, pour the cream mixture through a sieve.
8. Pour the mixture in a dish and place it on baking tray.
9. Pour hot water in baking dish.
10. Pop it into the oven for 45 minutes.
11. Sprinkle sugar on top and blow torch it to caramelize.
If you want to woo anyone, you should try this custard. The chef uses fresh vanilla in this recipe. The caramel topping adds an extra taste to the dessert. I'm sure you're loved one will relish the custard.
How To Make Creme Brulee Recipe Video, Burnt Cream