Blueberry Frangipane Flan
|Ground coffee||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Milk||45 Milliliter (45 Milliliter, Almost Boiling Milk)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (1/4 Cup Or 50 Grams)|
|Superfine sugar||2 Ounce (50 Grams Or 1/4 Cup, Caster Sugar)|
|Ground almonds||4 Ounce (1 Cup Or 115 Grams)|
|All purpose flour||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Blueberries||8 Ounce (225 Grams Or 2 Cups)|
|Seedless blackberry jam||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Amaretto liqueur||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Creme fraiche/Sour cream||4 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
|For the pastry|
|All purpose flour||6 Ounce (175 Grams Or 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, diced (115 Grams Or 1/2 Cup)|
|Caster sugar||1 Ounce (25 Grams Or 2 Tablespoon, Superfine Sugar)|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Of 1/2 Lemon)|
|Chilled water||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°F/375°C/ Gas 5. To make the pastry, sift the flour into a large bowl and rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the caster sugar and lemon rind, stir well, then add the water and mix to a firm dough. Wrap the pastry in clear film (plastic wrap) and chill for 20 minutes.
2. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 23cm/9in loose-based flan tin (quiche pan). Prick the base with a fork. Line the pastry with baking parchment and baking beans and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the baking parchment and beans and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove the pastry case from the oven.
4. Meanwhile, mix the coffee and milk in a large mixing bowl. Leave to infuse for 4 minutes. Cream the butter and sugar until pale. Beat in the egg, then add the almonds and flour. Strain in the milky coffee through a fine sieve and gently fold it in.
5. Spoon the coffee mixture into the pastry case and spread evenly. Scatter the blueberries over the top and push them down slightly into the mixture. Bake for about 30 minutes until firm, covering with foil after 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Melt the jam and liqueur in a small pan and brush over the flan. Remove from the tin and serve warm.