Individual Ham Vegetable Custards
|Coarsely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/8 To 1/4-Inch)|
|Coarsely chopped sweet green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (1/8 To 1/4 Inch)|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/8 To 1/4 Inch)|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, coarsely chopped (1/8 To 1/4 Inch)|
|Reduced-calorie margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely chopped mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|95% fat free turkey ham slice||3 Ounce, finely chopped (3 Slices, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Anise seed||1⁄8 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (350°).
2. Saute the celery, green pepper, onion and zucchini in the margarine in a medium-size nonstick saucepan for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms. Add the water, as necessary, to prevent the vegetables from sticking and cook until the vegetables are very tender, about 7 minutes. Pat the vegetables dry with paper toweling.
3. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl. Stir in the ham, thyme, salt, pepper and anise.
4. Beat the milk, eggs and tomato paste together in a 2-cup glass measure. Stir into the vegetable mixture.
5. Spray four 6-ounce custard cups with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Divide the vegetable mixture among the custard cups; do not fill all the way to the top.
6. Place the custard cups in a 9-inch square baking pan and set the baking pan on an oven rack. Pour boiling water into the pan until it comes about two-thirds up the sides of the custard cups.
7. Bake the custards in the preheated moderate oven (350°) for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centers of the custards comes out clean.
8. Remove the custard cups from the water bath. Let the custards stand for 15 minutes. To unmold, run a sharp knife around the edge of the custards; invert the custards onto a serving plate.
Calories 134 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.6 mg58.5%
Sodium 382.6 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 14 g27%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet