Rich Creme Brulee
|Heavy cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to slow (300° F.).
2. Heat the cream over boiling water and stir in the sugar.
3. Beat the egg yolks until light and pour the hot cream over them gradually, stirring vigorously. Stir in the vanilla and strain the mixture into a baking dish.
4. Place the dish in a pan containing one inch of hot water and bake until a silver knife inserted in the center comes out clean, or thirty-five minutes. Do not overbake; the custard will continue to cook from retained heat when it is removed from the oven. Chill thoroughly.
5. Before serving, cover the surface with the brown sugar. Set the dish on a bed of cracked ice and put the creme under the broiler until the sugar is brown and melted.