A dessert-trolley classic! Wobbly and light - and a great dessert if you're watching the pennies - this creme caramel is a true nursery pudding classic, loved by people of all ages.
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (divided)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
1 Sprig (garnish)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (garnish)
1) Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2) In a heavy skillet, add 1 cup sugar and water together.
3) Heat over a medium heat, swirling too frequently but not stirring, until sugar liquefies and then caramelizes.
4) Remove the skillet from heat when amber in color.
5) Into 8 ramekins, carefully pour the hot caramel, swirl to cover bottoms and keep aside.
6) In a pan, heat the milk until hot but not boiling.
7) Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together whole eggs, yolks and remaining sugar until foamy.
8) Add hot milk in a thin steady stream while whisking.
9) Add the vanilla extract and whisk in to mix.
10) Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and distribute evenly among the ramekins.
11) In a large pan, set the ramekins and carefully pour enough boiling water to come half way up the sides of the ramekins.
12) Place the ramekins along with the large pan and water in it and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until custards are just set.
13) Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
14) Run a knife around the edge of each ramekin, place a dish upside down over the top of mold and quickly invert.
15) Garnish the creme caramel with a mint sprig and fresh berries and serve.
This video is a creation of legourmettv. You can visit legourmettv for complete recipes, and more videos.
Creme Caramel is an elegant dessert which requires least effort and a little bit of technique. Chef Bonny shows us how to make this great dessert effortlessly. Whether it’s a party or family get together, serving Creme Caramel will surely wins you loads of accolades. All you need is few ingredients for a delicious dish like this one.