|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rum flavoring/Rum extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Beat eggs with sugar and rum flavoring or extract until blended in a medium-size bowl.
2. Scald milk with instant coffee in a small saucepan; stir very slowly into egg mixture.
3. Pour into a well-buttered, 5-cup flan pan or an 8x1 1/2-inch round layer-cake pan. Set in a large baking pan on oven shelf; pour boiling water into pan to depth of about 1/2 inch.
4. Bake in slow oven (325°) 30 minutes, or until center is almost set but still soft. (Do not overbake; flan will set as it cools.) Remove at once from pan of water; cool on a wire rack; chill.
5. When ready to serve, loosen the flan around edge with a knife, then place in a pan of hot water for several minutes. Cover the flan with a serving plate; invert both; remove pan.
6. Peel bananas; slice diagonally; arrange slices in rosette design on top of flan; drizzle with several tablespoonfuls of Golden Sparkle Sauce. Cut wedges; serve with additional sauce.