Cheese And Corn Flan
|Cheese pastry||1 (1 Recipe)|
|Cooked minced meat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||100 Gram (1 Cup)|
|Cream style sweet corn/2 cups grated fresh corn||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Single cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped mint||1 Tablespoon|
1. Line a 7" diameter plain flour ring or baking dish with the cheese pastry. Leave it to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl with milk, sweet-corn, cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg, chilli powder. Mix well.
3. Heat margarine, fry onion and minced meat until it begin to brown.
4. Spread the onion mixture over the uncooked flan.
5. Pour in the egg mixture. Top with cream. Sprinkle chopped mint.
6. Bake in a preheated moderate oven (1 80Â°C-350Â°F-gas mark-4) for 20 minutes until golden brown.
7. Serve hot or cold.
Vegetarian Cheese and Corn Flan
1. Add extra cream at stage 2 instead of eggs.
2. At stage"3, add soya mince instead of meat'.
3. Remaining recipe follows as given above.