|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Iced water||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten to glaze|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||2 Drop|
|Canned sour cherries in syrup||14 Ounce, drained (398 Milliliter)|
1. Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter or margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar. Add the egg yolk and enough water to mix to a firm dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead lightly until smooth.
2. Cut off two thirds of the dough, roll out thinly on a floured surface and use to line a 20 cm (8 inch) flan ring, placed on a baking sheet. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make the filling. Place the egg, sugar, margarine, ground almonds and almond extract in a bowl and beat until smooth.
4. Place the cherries in the flan case and spoon the almond mixture over the top, levelling the surface with a palette knife.
5. Roll the remaining pastry out thinly and cut into narrow strips. Use these to make a lattice pattern over the filling, moistening the edges of the pastry with water. Brush with beaten egg.
6. Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C/400°F, for 20 minutes, then lower the temperature to 190°C/375°F and bake for 10-15 minutes, until firm to the touch and golden.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3304 Calories from Fat 1715
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 194 g297.9%
Saturated Fat 88.3 g441.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 930.6 mg310.2%
Sodium 587.5 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 339 g113%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.6%
Sugars 124.6 g
Protein 51 g101.9%
Vitamin A 89% Vitamin C
Calcium 14.7% Iron 77.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet