|Caster sugar||75 Milliliter (5 Tablespoon)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Eggs||3 , lightly beaten|
1. Place 45 ml (3 level tbsp) of the caster sugar and 45 ml (3 tbsp) water in an ovenproof jug and microwave on HIGH for 5-6 minutes or until the sugar caramelises. Watch it carefully once it starts to colour as it will then brown very quickly.
2. Pour the caramel into the base of a 750 ml (1 1/4 pint) souffle dish and leave it to set.
3. Meanwhile, place the milk in an ovenproof measuring jug and microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes or until warm.
4. Add the beaten eggs and the remaining sugar and carefully strain this over the set caramel.
5. Cover with cling film and place the dish in a larger dish with a capacity of about 1.7 litres (3 pints). Pour in enough boiling water to come half way up the sides of the dish.
6. Microwave on LOW for 25-27 minutes or until the creme caramel is lightly set, giving the dish a quarter turn three times during the cooking time.
7. Leave the caramel to stand for 5 minutes, then remove the dish from the water, uncover the caramel and leave it to cool for about 30 minutes.
8. Refrigerate for about 4-5 hours until the caramel is set, then turn it out on to a serving dish to serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 736 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g56.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 670.4 mg223.5%
Sodium 354 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 95.1 g
Protein 30 g60.9%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C
Calcium 48.6% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet