|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Envelope of unflavored gelatine||1|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced (fresh)|
|Whipped topping||2 Cup (32 tbs) (low calorie)|
1. In small saucepan, combine egg yolks, sugar and 3/4 cup of the skim milk. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thickened and lightly coats back of wooden spoon.
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over remaining 1/4 cup skim milk in small custard cup; let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Stir into egg yolk mixture to dissolve gelatin. Pour into large bowl and cool.
3. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Gently stir in sliced strawberries. Chill until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
4. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until stiff. Using rubber spatula, fold egg whites and whipped topping into strawberry mixture.
5. Spoon mixture into 1 1/2-quart dessert bowl. Chill until completely set, at least 2 hours.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 916 Calories from Fat 312
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.8%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g122%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 427.6 mg142.5%
Sodium 278.3 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 108.2 g
Protein 29 g57.7%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 347.7%
Calcium 39.9% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet