Small Marshmallow Flan
|Sugar||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Water||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon)|
|Sugar||80 Milliliter (1/3 Cup)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Milk||750 Milliliter (3 Cups)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
– Preheat oven to 325 °F (160 °C).
– In a small saucepan, dissolve the first amount of sugar in the water and cook until caramelized. Pour a thin layer in the bottom of each of six ramekins, and set aside.
– In a saucepan, blend the second amount of sugar with salt and eggs, adding the milk while stirring. Heat without boiling.
– Put 2 marshmallow halves in the bottom of each ramekin.
– Pour the custard through a sieve into ramekins, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
– Stand the ramekins in a baking dish with 1 inch (2,5 cm) hot water, and cook in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
– Cool and turn out onto individual plates. Garnish with marshmallow slices and fresh fruit