Leche flan is a staple food in Philippine feasts, it is the local name of the original flan de leche, a dessert imported from the Spanish
1 Can (10 oz)
1⁄2 Can (5 oz) (Of Condensed Milk)
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the sugar, in a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk until creamy.
2. If using metal moulder*, sprinkle the sugar all over the layer where you will cook the leche flan and pass it over a very low fire until the sugars melts and starts to appear slightly brown.
3. Leave the caramel cool down then pour in the cream of eggs and steam for 45 minutes.
4. After cooking, allow the leche flan cool down for 15 minutes then move into the refrigerator for two hours.
* Sugar is easy to burn, pay attention during the preparation of the caramel to avoid bitter taste.
For all this Filipino food fans this traditional leche flan recipe is a must try for you. Take a look at this video to learn how the lady chef combines some basic ingredients to make a succulent leche flan with a lemony zest. Certainly a great dessert idea for the holiday season!