Creme Brulee With Grated Coconut
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
– Preheat oven to 325 °F (160 °C).
– In a saucepan, boil milk, vanilla extract and grated coconut.
– In a mixer bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and cornstarch 2 minutes.
– Stir boiled milk into egg mixture.
– Pour into casserole and boil 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
– Pour mixture evenly into small ramekins; place in baking pan containing 1 inch (2,5 cm) hot water; bake 30 minutes.
– Heat broiler.
– Dust ramekins with brown sugar and caramelize under the broiler.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1188 Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.2%
Saturated Fat 25 g124.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 679.6 mg226.5%
Sodium 400.2 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 175 g58.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 157.5 g
Protein 35 g69.6%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 59.7% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet