Microwave Baked Custard
|Milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Scald milk in a 2-cup glass measuring cup in microwave oven (3 to 4 minutes at High).
2. Meanwhile, put eggs into a 1-quart glass casserole and beat slightly. Add sugar, salt and vanilla extract; mix well.
3. Add the scalded milk gradually to egg mixture, stirring constantly. Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired. Cover with an all-glass lid or plastic wrap.
4. Heat 1 1/2 cups water in a 2-quart glass casserole in microwave oven to boiling (3 to 4 minutes at High).
5. Place the casserole with custard in the hot water. Cook in microwave oven 7 minutes at Medium-High, or until almost set (center of custard will become firm on cooling).
6. Remove the casserole of custard from water and set on a rack to cool.