1. Place ramekins in a baking tray. Pour water on the sides until its half way to the ramekins.
2. Preheat the oven to 170 C.
3. Heat milk in a pan with vanilla pod. Once the milk is hot but not boiling yet, remove the vanilla pod. Remove the pan from heat.
4. Beat eggs with castor sugar until well combined.
5. Whisk in the hot milk with the eggs to prepare the custard mix.
6. Pour in the custard milk to the ramekins about 3/4th full.
7. Sprinkle a pinch of nutmeg on top. Pop the tray in the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes.
8. Serve the custard all by itself or with sliced bananas. Enjoy!
Serving size Per servingComplete recipe
Calories 107 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.2 mg38.1%
Sodium 69 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.5%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 4.2%
Vitamin C 0.03%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet