Classic Curry Mackerel
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mackerel||425 Gram (in tomato sauce)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, quartered|
|Ladies fingers||2 Large, dice|
|Brinjal||1 Small, dice|
|Tamarind juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut cream||70 Milliliter|
|Fish curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a mortar or bumbu, grind peeled shallots, garlic, ginger and fish curry powder.
2. In a pot, heat up the oil and stir fry the curry leaves. Then add in the ground ingredients from the blender.
3. Use rubber spatula to scrap off all the mixture from the sides and saute until fragrant.
4. Add the tomatoes, ladies fingers and brinjal pieces.
5. Then add the tomato sauce from the canned mackerel, the tamarind juice and half of the
coconut cream and season to taste.
6. For a rich curry, allow the gravy to thicken. Then add the mackerel and the balance of coconut cream to keep the flavors and aroma of coconut intact.
7. Let it simmer for another 2 – 3 minutes and stir it gently so the fish does not flake.
8. Garnish the curry with sliced chillies if you like and serve it with warm steamed rice.
Calories 570 Calories from Fat 415
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.4 mg24.8%
Sodium 538 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet