curry mackerel is a popular and favorite dishes of Malaysians. It is easy and simple to make. The preparation and cooking time is also not lengthy.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
425 Gram (in tomato sauce)
1 Medium, quartered
2 Large, dice
1 Small, dice
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Fish curry powder
1. In a mortar or bumbu, grind peeled shallots, garlic, ginger and fish curry powder.
2. In a pot, heat up the oil and stir fry the curry leaves. Then add in the ground ingredients from the blender.
3. Use rubber spatula to scrap off all the mixture from the sides and saute until fragrant.
4. Add the tomatoes, ladies fingers and brinjal pieces.
5. Then add the tomato sauce from the canned mackerel, the tamarind juice and half of the
coconut cream and season to taste.
6. For a rich curry, allow the gravy to thicken. Then add the mackerel and the balance of coconut cream to keep the flavors and aroma of coconut intact.
7. Let it simmer for another 2 – 3 minutes and stir it gently so the fish does not flake.
8. Garnish the curry with sliced chillies if you like and serve it with warm steamed rice.
If you are in a hurry to make a curry, here is a recipe just for you! Classic curry mackerel is a popular and favorite recipe from Malaysian cuisine. This is simple as well as easy to make. Garnish it with sliced chilies and serve it with warm rice.