Tinda Masala Curry
|Potato||2 Medium, cut into cubes|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Cumin seeds||1 Pinch|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Mix the potato with 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and salt. Heat the oil in a pan, and fry the potato till they turn light golden brown. Remove and keep it aside.
2. If using Fresh Tinda then scrape it with a peeler and cut into 4 pc. If using canned tinda then wash it properly, and cut into 4 pc. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric and little salt. Fry in the same oil till they turn light brown. Remove and set aside.
3. Grind to make a paste of ginger, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and whole red chili.
4. Add Bay leaf, 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds (seasoning), sugar, garam masala powder to the oil in the pan. When starts spluttering, add the juice from the paste from step 3 using a strainer. Add the rest of the turmeric powder. Fry for 5 minutes in medium heat.
5. Add the chopped tomato and fry till oil leaves the side of the pan.
6. Add the salt, green chili, fried potato and the tinda. Fry for few minutes. Add 1 1/2 cup of water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 min. Remove and serve with rice or chapatti.