Fish And Potato Curry
|Red chili||5 (Whole)|
|Cilantro||8 Gram (4 Stalks)|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seed powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut potatoes into wedges. Mix 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. Fry the potatoes in oil till light golden brown. Keep it aside.
2. Cut Fish into pieces. Mix 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. Fry the fish in oil till light golden brown. Make sure the oil is very hot before dropping the fish into the oil. Keep it aside.
3. Take 1 tsp Coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin seed powder, 1/2 inch ginger, 5 red chilies and grind them to fine paste.
4. Heat 3 tbsp cooking oil. Add 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds, 3 bay leafs and fry it for 30 sec. This process is called pre-seasoning.
5. Add the finely sliced onions and fry till light golden brown.
6. Add the ingredient paste (from step 3), 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and fry it till oil leaves the side of the pan.
7. Add the fried potato, fried fish, green chili and fry in the spices for 5 minutes.
8. Add 1.5 cup of water and bring it to boil. Let it simmer for 10 min. Make sure the potato is boiled before turning the oven off.
9. Garnish it with finely cut coriander (cilantro) leaves. Serve hot with Basmati rice.