Scallops in Light Curry Sauce
|Shelled scallops||16 Large|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||3 , chopped|
|Butter||20 Gram (0.75 Ounce)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned flour||1 Tablespoon, seasoned|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon (Mild)|
|Chicken stock||300 Milliliter (0.5 Pint)|
|Lime wedges||3 (For Garnish)|
1. Halve each scallop horizontally; put in a shallow dish with the Pernod, wine, parsley and salt and pepper. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
2. Lift the scallops out of their marinade and drain, reserving the marinade.
3. Fry the chopped spring onions gently in the butter and oil for 2-3 minutes.
4. Dust the scallops lightly with seasoned flour and fry gently for about 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the curry powder, and then add the chicken stock, marinade and the peach chutney; simmer gently for 2 minutes until the scallops are just tender.
6. Serve immediately, with rice and lime wedges.
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.1 mg23%
Sodium 501.8 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 32 g63%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet