Vegetable Pulao With Coconut Curry
|Uncooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tomato ketchup||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Kashmiri red chillies||6|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Khus khus||2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisins/1 1/2 teaspoons sugar||20|
For the pullav
1. Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate.
2. Boil the potatoes and carrots with the skins.
3. Remove the skins and cut into big pieces.
4. Slice the onions.
5. Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions for a little time. Add the vegetables and fry again.
6. Add the cooked rice, tomato ketchup and salt.
7. Keep the rice warm.
For the curry
1. Grate the cocoanut. Add 2 teacups of hot water and allow to stand for a little while. Blend it in a liquidiser and strain or pass through a seive at least twice to take out cocoanut milk.
2. Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the paste for 3 minutes. Add the curry leaves and fry again.
3. Add the cocoanut milk and salt. Boil for 15 minutes.
How to serve
Pack the rice in a ring mould. Place it on a plate. Fill the centre with curry.
Serve extra curry in a small bowl.