Skiz Fernando makes a healthy vegetarian curry on this episode of Pan Asian.
3 , slit lengthwise
2 Medium, diced
1 Large, peeled, diced
1 Cup (16 tbs), diced
2 Cup (32 tbs), separated into florets
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cut into 1-inch pieces
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fresh or frozen)
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
Dried fenugreek leaves
1 Tablespoon (Optional)
5 Gram (1 sprig) (Optional)
3 Tablespoon, finely chopped
For tomato sauce
8 Ounce (1 can)
3 Teaspoon (2-3)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1. For sauce, place a wok or saucepan over flame and heat butter or oil in it.
2. Drop ginger and garlic paste. Stir fry, and then add fresh tomatoes, salt, and chili powder. Cook until soft.
3. Pour canned tomatoes and water in wok. Cover with lid. Let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes or until soft and mushy. Turn off the heat, and let it cool.
4. With blender, puree sauce until smooth.
5. Place a separate wok on flame, heat oil and drop chilies in it. Saute.
6. Add curry leaves, diced carrots, potatoes, and tomato sauce. Mix well. Cook for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Drop pumpkin, cauliflower, beans, and peas. Mix well. Add water, if required. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.
8. Add cream, dried fenugreek leaves, and coriander. Mix to combine.
9. Taste and season with salt.
10. Serve mixed vegetable curry hot with rice or chapatis.