1. Wash eggplant and cut it into 2-inch long strips.
2. Sprinkle salt and turmeric on eggplant strips. Rub to coat well.
3. In a deep fryer, heat oil, drop eggplant, and deep fry until golden brown. Remove from wok, and let it drain on paper towel. Set aside.
4. For spice paste, in food processor, add garlic, ginger, sugar, salt, apple cider vinegar, and water. Blend well.
5. Place a pan on flame, and heat oil in it.
6. Drop onions, green chilies, and curry leaves. Saute until onions are translucent.
7. Throw cinnamon, cloves, curry powder, cayenne powder, turmeric, and ground mustard seeds. Mix to incorporate.
8. Reduce the heat , and drop fried eggplants in pan.
9. Pour coconut milk, and sprinkle salt to taste. Mix well. Allow it to simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
10. Throw curry paste and more green chilies, if desired.
11. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.
12. Serve eggplant curry with rice, dal, and sauteed greens.