Paneer Bhurji - Dry or with Gravy
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Paneer||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), shredded (low fat approx. 1 packet)|
|Garam masala||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed (canned)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), julienned|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), julienned|
|Green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), frozen and thawed|
|Cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped (for garnishing)|
1. In a pan on medium heat, add oil and heat it. Add in the cumin seeds, turmeric powder, chopped onions, salt, ginger and garlic paste. Stir well and cook until the onions are translucent.
2. Add in the tomatoes mix well and cook covered until the tomatoes soften.
3. Stir in the shredded paneer, garam masala, red chili powder, coriander powder, mix well and let it cook on medium low for 5 minutes.
4. Add in the tomato puree, cream and mix until well incorporated.
5. Add in the red and green bell pepper, thawed green peas. Mix well and cook on medium low for another 6-7 minutes.
6. Serve the paneer bhurji - dry or gravy, garnished with chopped cilantro alongside a bowl of white rice or naan.
If you do not want onion in the recipe then you can opt for chopped cabbage.
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.2 mg5.4%
Sodium 1178.7 mg49.1%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.3%
Sugars 24.4 g
Protein 24 g47.8%
Vitamin A 41.3% Vitamin C 82.3%
Calcium 34.1% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet