Halloween Kids Curry
|House vermont curry sauce mix (mild)||119 Gram|
|Onion||400 Gram (2 medium)|
|Potato||150 Gram (1 medium)|
|Carrot||100 Gram (1/2 medium)|
|Green peppers||60 Gram (2 of them)|
|Red bell pepper||150 Gram|
|Cooking oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For hamburger steaks|
|Ground hamburger||250 Gram|
|For saffron rice|
|Curry partner saffron paste||1 Packet|
|Cooked rice||1020 Gram|
|American cheese slices||3|
1. Mince the onions.
2. Roughly dice the potato and carrot.
3. Cut out 6 triangles from red bell pepper for teddy bear noses as shown in the video.
4. Cut and save 6 strips of green pepper for teddy bear mouths. Roughly dice the rest of the peppers.
5. In a bowl, put the ground beef and pork, salt and pepper, Panko (bread crumbs), and milk. Mix well by hand until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
6. Divide it into 12 patties.
7. In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp. cooking oil and lightly sauté the teddy bear noses and mouths, and set aside. Then in the same frying pan, cook the hamburger steaks to desired doneness.
8. In a large stew pot, heat 1&1/2 tbsp. cooking oil.
9. Add onions, potatoes, and carrots, and stir-fry them until slightly coated with oil.
10. Add 850ml water, bring to a boil, remove the foam, and turn the heat down to low and cook for about 15 minutes.
11. Turn off the heat, break up the curry roux into the pot, and mix well until completely melted. Make sure you stop the heat when you add the curry roux, otherwise it won't blend well.
12. Then add green and red peppers, and put on low heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until it thickens.
13. For the Saffron rice: In a bowl, place cooked rice.
14. Add Curry Partner Saffron Paste while the rice is still hot and slice through it using rice paddle to separate the grains.
15. On a plate, serve curry and a round piece of saffron rice and a round piece of sliced American cheese.
16. Place hamburger steaks centered with round pieces of sliced American cheese to make the ears.
17. Place raisins for eyes, red bell pepper for nose, and green pepper for mouth as shown in the video.
18. For the hat, make a circular cone shape with rice and wrap with 1/2 nori sheet. Then place a strip of sliced American cheese.
For best results, don't use a lid while cooking.
Curry and rice is best eaten on the day it's made but if you have any leftover, store it in the fridge and finish it on the next day, but it is not recommended.
If you have leftover curry roux, wrap in a plastic wrap and store it in the fridge and use within a week.