Basic Curry Rice
|House vermont curry sauce mix (med hot)||119 Gram|
|Meat||250 Gram (Chicken/Pork/Beef)|
|Cooking oil/Butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Cut meat of your choice into bite-size pieces.
2. Cut the onions into bite-size pieces.
3. Cut the potatoes and the carrot into bite-size pieces.
4. In a large stew pot, heat cooking oil. Add onions, carrots, and potatoes, and stir-fry them until slightly coated with oil.
5. Add meat and cook until no longer pink.
6. Add 850ml water, bring to a boil, remove the foam, and turn the heat down to low and cook for about 15 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat, break up the curry roux into the pot, and mix well until completely melted. Make sure you stop the heat when you add the curry roux, otherwise it won't blend well.
5. Put on the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until it thickens.
6. Serve curry on a hot bed of rice.
For best results, don't use a lid while cooking.
Curry and rice is best eaten on the day it's made but if you have any leftover, store it in the fridge and finish it on the next day, but it is not recommended.
If you have leftover curry roux, wrap in a plastic wrap and store it in the fridge and use within a week.