Karela sabzi or karlyachi bhaji is a simple yet delectable recipe which requires less effort and is less time consuming. Its easy and requires very few ingredients. Sure no one would really guess bitter karela taste in it!
1 , finely chopped
Red chilli powder
Garlic ginger paste
2 Tablespoon (Gudh/Gul)
1) Cut karela in to small round and scoop out seeds from karela rounds.
2) Add karela rings in to hot boiling water, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until karela becomes tender.
3) Heat up oil, add finely chopped onion and cook until onion becomes soft.
4) Add ginger garlic paste and cook up for another minute.
5) Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala and cook for 2 more minutes.
6) Add tamarind pulp, jaggery and mix.
7) Add boiled karela, mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
8) Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
If you like eating Bitter Gourd, then you should try this recipe out. In India we call it Karela. It is simply amazing and is easy to cook. This vegetable is rich in minerals. You can cook Bitter Gourd with other vegetables such as onion, potato and tomato.