Karela sabzi or karlyachi bhaji is a simple yet delectable recipe which requires less effort and is less time consuming. Its easy and requires very few ingredients. Sure no one would really guess bitter karela taste in it!
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garam masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind pulp||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Jaggery||2 Tablespoon (Gudh/Gul)|
1) Cut karela in to small round and scoop out seeds from karela rounds.
2) Add karela rings in to hot boiling water, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until karela becomes tender.
3) Heat up oil, add finely chopped onion and cook until onion becomes soft.
4) Add ginger garlic paste and cook up for another minute.
5) Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala and cook for 2 more minutes.
6) Add tamarind pulp, jaggery and mix.
7) Add boiled karela, mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
8) Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 573Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 365 mg15.21%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60%
Sugars 41 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet