Chicken Coconut Curry with Apples and Raisins
|Chicken pieces||4 Large|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Curry paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Strong chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely shredded coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Red currant jelly/Other sharp jelly||2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked long grain rice||1⁄4 Pound|
|Turmeric powder||3 Teaspoon|
1) Chop the apples and onion.
2) Heat butter, and brown chicken pieces until golden.
3) In a fireproof dish, place the chicken and keep warm.
4) Cook the onion until golden brown.
5) Then add curry powder and paste, and cook for few minutes. 6) Add flour and allow to brown slightly. Add stock, bring to boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
7) Then add chopped apple, raisins, chutney, bay leaf and salt. 8) Cook together for 1 minute.
9) Pour over chicken pieces, and cook in oven for 35-40 minutes, by which time chicken pieces should be nearly tender.
10) Meanwhile, pour 2-3 liquid oz of boiling water over shredded coconut; let stand for 30 minutes. 11) Strain liquid on to chicken, adding lemon juice and jelly. Cook for 15 minutes.
12) When cooked, remove chicken pieces and put in centre of a ring of boiled rice finished with turmeric cooked in remaining butter.
13) Boil up sauce, sieve or liquidize it, season to taste, and spoon over chicken.
14) Garnish chicken curry with thin slices of lemon and sprinkle with paprika.
15) Serve hot.