|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced carrots||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Soybeans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked, liquid drained and 1 1/2 cups reserved|
|Water chestnuts||8 Can (80 oz)|
|Apple||1 , cored and chopped|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bean sprouts||8 Ounce|
|Condiment||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a pan melt butter, stir in curry powder and ginger and cook about 1 minute.
2. Continue to cook adding carrots, onions and mushrooms stirring often, until onions are limp.
3. Stir in flour, gradually add cooking liquid from beans and cook and stir until bubbly.
4. Add water chestnuts and soybeans and simmer with cover for about 8 minutes until carrots are tender.
5. Stir in apple, add salt and pepper and simmer with cover for 5 minutes more.
6. Pour boiling water oven bean sprouts, drain and arrange them in a 2 1/2-quart serving dish.
7. Pour curry over sprouts and serve with condiments in small bowls.
Calories 863 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.4%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg10.1%
Sodium 256.2 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.7%
Dietary Fiber 21.8 g87.3%
Sugars 24.4 g
Protein 37 g74.4%
Vitamin A 326.4% Vitamin C 62.4%
Calcium 30.7% Iron 107.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet