Curry Stuffed Pancakes
|Tomato||1 , skinned|
|Shelled prawns||6 Ounce|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce|
|Oil/Fat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for cooking)|
|Long grain rice||4 Ounce|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Boiling water||1 Pint|
|Green pepper||1 , sliced|
To make the curry sauce:
1. Skin tomatoes.
2. On a chopping board, chop onions, skinned tomatoes and apples finely.
3. In a medium sized saucepan, melt the margarine.
4. Add onions and fry it over a low flame for 5 minutes.
5. Add curry powder and continue to fry it gently for 5 minutes.
6. Add the remaining ingredients, except the prawns. Let it simmer over a very low flame for around an hour.
7. About 5 minutes before serving, add prawns and heat it over a low flame.
To make the batter:
8. In a bowl, mix flour and salt. Sieve it.
9. Make a hole in the centre, break an egg into it and add half the quantity of milk.
10. Beat it well for 5 minutes.
11. Let it stand for 30 minutes. Add remaining quantity of milk and beat it again before using it.
12. In a medium-sized frying pan, heat fat or oil until it becomes hot.
13. Pour some batter that coats the bottom of the pan thinly. Cook till it becomes golden brown in colour.
14. Turn it and let the other side cook similarly.
15. Take it on a kitchen paper and keep it warm.
To cook the rice:
16. In a pan, take boiling water and add salt to it.
17. Add rice.
18. Cover the pan with a very tightly fitting lid. Let it cook until rice becomes tender. This may take about 15-20 minutes.
19. Drain the liquid. Rinse rice with cold water.
20. On a baking tray, take a piece of greaseproof paper. Spread rice over it and place it in a cool oven until the rice is dry. This may take around 20-25 minutes.
21. On an oval serving dish, spread the rice.
22. Fill the pancakes with the curry mixture, roll and place it on top of the rice.
23. Cut wedges from lemon for each pancake and top it with whole prawns, if used. Serve Curry Stuffed Pancakes immediately with suggested accompaniments.