Microwave Cooked Curry Sauce
|Cooking oil||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Onions||8 Ounce, chopped finely (225g)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon (corn starch)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, chopped (397 g, including juice)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Pint (bouillon, 300 ml)|
|Lemon juice||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a bowl, cook onions in cooking oil, for about 3 minutes (cover the bowl and microwave).
2) Add corn flour and mix well. Then add the remaining ingredients and stir in well.
3) Cover the dish and cook for about 6 minutes (stir the contents a couple of times during this process).
4) This curry sauce tastes best with any meat, poultry of fish dish and it is served with hot rice.
5) The dish can be accompanied by Indian fried poppadum.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 497 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.4 mg0.8%
Sodium 1297 mg54%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.7%
Sugars 20.3 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 56% Vitamin C 112.6%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet