Sweet Potato Salad with Curry Mayonnaise
|Sweet potatoes/Yams||4 Medium|
|Boiled water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cut in slanting slices|
|Pineapple chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh / Canned)|
|Pecans/Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Whole / Broken)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Tarragon vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk/Half and half||2 Tablespoon|
|Chutney||4 Ounce (Major Grey's)|
1) Put the sweet potatoes in water and cook for 20-30 minutes.
2) Peel the potatoes and cut them into large cubes.
3)Mix the potatoes with celery, pineapple chunks, nuts, orange juice and salt.
4) Keep them in the refrigerator until you serve.
5) For making mayonnaise, mix the curry powder, vinegar, orange peel and mayonnaise.
6) Add little milk.
7) Put the salad over the lettuce leaves and top each portion with curry mayonnaise.
8) Serve the salad with chutney.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2874 Calories from Fat 1975
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 223 g342.8%
Saturated Fat 20.7 g103.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.1 mg53.4%
Sodium 3070.8 mg128%
Total Carbohydrates 208 g69.2%
Dietary Fiber 32.1 g128.6%
Sugars 85 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 1844.7% Vitamin C 194.6%
Calcium 44.7% Iron 51.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet