Potato Cashew Nut Curry
|Potatoes||250 Gram, peeled and diced|
|Shelled green peas||100 Gram|
|Tamarind||1 Tablespoon (A Lime Size Balled)|
|Poppy seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (A Handful)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a small bowl add tamarind with 2 cups water and keep it soaked for 5 minutes. Extract the pulp.
2. In a grinder cashewnuts, coconut, chillies, ginger, garlic, and poppy seeds. Grind to a fine paste.
3. In a skillet heat 5 tablespoon oil and fry the ground paste until oil separates.
4. Stir in all spices and salt. Fry for sometime.
5. Add potatoes, peas.
6. Fry for sometime and pour the tamarind water over it.
7. Cover and cook vegetables until done.
8. Serve decorated with coriander leaves.