|Chicken/Beef / lamb||1 Pound, cut into small cubes (450 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Mild curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Stock/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili sauce||2 Teaspoon|
1. To prepare the chicken /meat pieces marinate them in the sugar, light soy sauce, wine and cornflour for 25-30 minutes.
2. In a wok or pot, heat the oil lightly brown the garlic and onion over low heat.
3. Add the curry powder, mix and allow it to brown, then add a little stock or water to make a smooth paste by stirring constantly.
4. Add the chicken/meat pieces and cook on a high heat for about 5 minutes, again stirring constantly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
5. Add the salt, dark soy sauce and just enough stock or water to cover
6. Reduce the heat and braise under cover until tender - chicken requires only 25-30 minutes cooking time, pork and lamb need 45-50 minutes, but beef will take 60-65 minutes.
7. Finally add the chili sauce (if using), blend well and serve.
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.3 mg25.4%
Sodium 1100.9 mg45.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 26 g51%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet