Fish And Potato Curry
|Pomfret||1 Medium, cleaned and sliced|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and diced into cubes|
|Onion||1 Large, minced|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, blanched and sliced|
|Green chilies||4 , slit|
|Tamarind pulp||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli powder||To Taste|
1) Wash and clean the fish. Remove fishy smell from fish.
2) Make coconut paste.
3) Take a skillet, and heat oil in it. Add onions and fry until soft.
4) Now , add coconut green chilies and cook for a few minutes.
5) Add all the spices and fry for 2 minutes.
6) At this stage add potatoes sautÃ© them for a couple of minutes and add tomatoes.
7) Let the tomatoes become soft. And then add water to cook potatoes.
8) Add fish, curry leaves and tamarind pulp to the skillet.
9) Cook until potatoes and fish are done.
10) Serve fish and potato curry with steamed rice.