Prawn and Vegetable Curry
|Shelled and deveined prawns||500 Gram|
|Onions||2 Medium, minced|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and cubed|
|Shelled green peas||100 Gram|
|Brinjal||1 Small, diced|
|Drumstick||1 , scraped and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, blanched and sliced|
|Coriander leaves||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (1 Small Bunch)|
|Coconut pieces||1 Small|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||To Taste|
1) Make a paste of chillies, coriander leaves, coconut, garlic and ginger.
2) Coat prawns with salt and turmeric and leave aside for about 30 minutes.
3) Wash cocums.
4) Take a wok, heat oil. Fry onions until soft.
5) Add prawns and cook until dry.
6) Now, add vegetables except for the tomatoes. Then, fold in salt, spices and ground coconut.
7) Cook for some time and then add water about 3 cups.
8) When vegetables are likely to be cooked add tomatoes and cocum. Cook until done.
9) Serve prawns and vegetable curry garnish with coriander along with some boiled rice.