|Lemon grass stalks/1/2 of 1 lemon rind, pared||2 , pared|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Garam masala||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Peeled cooked prawns||2 Pound|
|Chopped coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon (Use Fresh, For Garnish)|
1) Chop the onion into fine pieces. Slice the lemon grass stalk into two to three pieces.
2) Chop the stalks off the green chillies. Deseed them. Chop the flesh of the chillies finely.
3) In a bowl, mix together the onion, chillies, lemon grass or lemon rind.
4) In a wok, melt butter or ghee. Add in the onion mixture. Saute till soft. Do not let the mixture brown.
5) Add in grated ginger and crushed garlic. Mix well. Saute for about 3 minutes. Stir in the green cardamoms and garam masala next.
6) Add in salt and pepper. Cook while stirring continously making sure the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the wok.
7) Toss in the prawns.
8) Cover the wok and cook on simmer for about 5 minutes.
9) Do not overcook the prawns yet allow them to take in all the spicy flavour.
10) Serve the Prawn Curry in a warm serving dish.
11) Sprinkle with chopped coriander on the top.
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.3 mg6.8%
Sodium 145.3 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 25 g50.4%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 30.3%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet