Saffron Flavored Mutton Curry
Coconut milk-3 cups thin and 1 cup thick
Tamarind-1 small ball
Onions-4 medium, finely sliced
Coconut-2 tablespoons, finely grated
Garam masala-1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds-1 tablespoon
Coriander seeds- 1 tablespoon
Poppy seeds- 1 tablespoon
Saffron or essence of saffron -1/4 teaspoon
Salt- to taste
Ghee- 5 tablespoons
1) If using saffron strands then soak it in 1 tablespoon hot water for 5 minutes and then crush it.
2) Soak tamarind and make pulp.
3) Make a paste of grated coconut, chillies, cumin, coriander and poppy seeds.
4) Make a paste of ginger and garlic.
5) Coat mutton with salt and turmeric and leave for an hour.
6) Take a wok and fry onions until golden brown.
7) Now, add coconut paste and fry until the ghee floats to the top.
8) Put mutton and fry until brown.
9) Then, add thin coconut milk and garam masala. Cook until mutton is tender.
10) Serve mutton curry with rice or chapatti.