Prawn and Pumpkin Curry
Pumpkin or marrow-500 grams, peeled and diced
Fenugreek seeds-1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds-1 tablespoon
Onion-1 small, finely sliced
Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
Ground cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Tamarind-1 lime-sized ball
1) Soak tamarind in water for 10 minutes and then make pulp.
2) Fry together spices, coconut, whole onion and garlic until golden brown and then make a fine paste.
3) In a wok, heat oil and sautÃ© prawns until dry. Then, add pumpkin, salt and about 2 cups of water. Cook until prawns are almost done.
4) Now, add tamarind pulp and coconut paste. Cook until prawns are cooked fully.
5) Take a small wok and heat oil. Add curry leaves and sliced onions. Fry for 2 minutes and pour on prawns and pumpkin curry.
6) Serve the prawn and pumpkin curry with steamed rice.