Thai Curry Chicken and Vegetables
Water - 3 cups
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Chinese five-spice powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 to 1 1/2 teaspoons
Monosodium glutamate - 1/2 teaspoon, if desired
Garlic powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
Ground red pepper (cayenne) - 1/2 teaspoon
Soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
Boneless skinless chicken breast halves - 1 1/2 pounds, cut into 1-inch pieces
Chicken broth - 1 cup
Curry powder - 3 teaspoons
Rice vinegar or vinegar - 2 tablespoons
Coconut milk (not cream of coconut) - 1 (14-ounces) can
Green Giant Select" Frozen Broccoli, Carrots and Water Chestnuts - 1 (1-pound) package
1. In a rice cooker or in a saucepan, cook rice in water as directed on package. This will take about 20 to 25 minutes. Cover to keep warm.
2. As the rice cooks, heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot.
3. Add five-spice powder, salt, monosodium glutamate, garlic powder, ginger, pepper, ground red pepper and soy sauce; blend well.
4. Put in chicken; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until the chicken is coated with seasonings, lightly browned and is no longer pink.
5. Add in broth, curry powder, vinegar and coconut milk. Stir. Let it come to a boil. Lower heat; simmer 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. In a skillet, add frozen vegetables ; let it come to a boil. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
7. Serve the Thai curry over rice in individual bowls.