Curried Chicken And Tomato Stew
|Curry powder||To Taste|
|Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((RICE))|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((RICE))|
|Chicken breasts||4 Ounce, cubed ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped finely ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Raisins||1 Ounce ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Coconut milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
1. Wash the basmati rice. In a pan, take 2 cups of warm water and add the rice to it. Heat it on medium flame to boil till the water is fully absorbed and rice is smooth and fluffy.
2. Cut the chicken breast to small cubes and keep aside.
3. Chop the onions, garlic and tomatoes seperately.
4. In a non- stick saucepan, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
5. Add garlic to it and saute for a minute till it gives off good flavor. Do not brown/burn them.
6. Add onions to this and saute for a few minutes till translucent.
7. Add Salt and pepper to taste.
8. To this add bell pepper and raisins and stir.
9. Add the tomatoes, coconut milk and stir.
10.Further add curry powder and chicken pieces to it.
11.Allow it to simmer till the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
12.Remove it from heat ready to be served.
12. Serve the chicken curry hot with steaming rice.