Hot Exotic Curry Sauce
|Instant minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground thyme leaves/Thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Celery flakes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon (Indian Or Madras Style)|
|Season all||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 , cut into slices|
|Grated coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tart apple||1 , chopped|
|Tomato paste/1 fresh chopped tomato||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||4 Teaspoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. In a pan stir to mix well combining all ingredients except arrowroot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Strain through a sieve, pressing as much of the fruit and vegetables through as possible.
3. In a bowl make a thin, smooth paste of arrowroot and an equal amount of water.
4. Stir the paste into sauce and cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened.
5. Serve over chicken, lamb, beef or rice; or add meats, chicken, shrimp, eggs or any leftover meat to sauce and serve over rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1077 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.3%
Saturated Fat 23 g115.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 6099.7 mg254.2%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g55%
Dietary Fiber 43.2 g172.6%
Sugars 48.4 g
Protein 18 g35.7%
Vitamin A 492% Vitamin C 488.7%
Calcium 79.9% Iron 125.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet