Curry Cook-in Sauce
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground turmeric||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cooking apple||1 Medium|
|Chicken stock cube||1|
|Desiccated coconut||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Cornflour||30 Milliliter (2 Level Tablespoon)|
|Natural yoghurt||1⁄4 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
1) Remove the skin off the onion and garlic. Chop finely.
2) Remove the skin off the tomatoes and chop. Place aside.
3) Peel off the apple skin, remove the core and chop.
4) In a bowl, dissolve the extract cube in 300 ml (1/2 pint) boiling water. Place aside.
5) In a bowl, soak the coconut in 300 ml (1/2 pint) water for 1/2 hour. Squeeze the cocounut with hand to extract the milk and flavor. Strain to collect the coconut liquid and place aside.
6) In a bowl, dissolve cornflour in little water and keep aside.
7) In a saucepan, heat up oil on medium heat.
8) Add spices, salt and sugar to sautÃ© over a low heat, for 15 minutes.
9) Add the tomato and apple to cook until pulpy.
10) Pour in the chicken extract solution and cover the pan with a lid to simmer for 1/2 hour.
11) Add the coconut liquid and cornflour liquid to the pan.
12) Stir well and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
13) Add yoghurt after removing from the heat.
14) Before using, dilute the sauce with half as much water. Pour over uncooked meat, poultry or fish in a casserole or saucepan and cook until tender. Serve the preparation with cucumber, grated coconut, pineapple, chutney, bananas tossed in poppadums, lemon juice and yoghurt.