Pork Rib Curry
|Pork ribs||3 1⁄3 Pound (Get The Meaty Parts Of About 1.5 Kilogram)|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon (For Meat)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄3 Pound (600 Gram)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Dried red chiles||1 (Use More If You Like The Curry Spicier)|
|Turmeric/1 teaspoon turmeric powder||1 Tablespoon (Use About 1 Small Knob)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon (Use About 1 Knob)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Reduced fat coconut cream/Same quantity of full cream milk / even yoghurt||8 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Light soy sauce/Thai fish sauce, nam pla of the same quantity||1 Teaspoon|
1) Add curry powder and pepper to the pork ribs and marinate for at least 1 hour, though 12 hours is better.
2) Pare and cut the potatoes into quarters.
3) Process onions, garlic, chillis, turmeric and ginger in a food processor to a fine puree.
4) Add potatoes in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
5) In a wok or saute pan, fry spice paste in olive oil till nice smell comes, then add ribs and further fry.
6) Fry till the ribs are brown then add 3 tablespoons of water and the already cooked potatoes.
7) Reduce the flame in wok and cook on simmering heat, but do not allow the dish to go dry.
8) Cook covered for a minimum for 40 minutes.
9) Now add 1 -tablespoon water at a time,cook till required gravy forms.
10) Add coconut cream and soy sauce only after pork is cooked through.
11) From this point,cook only on simmering heat, but do not boil.
12) Add required salt to taste before serving.