Classic Fish Balls In Curry Sauce
|Fish fillets||3 Pound|
|Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Dried ground chili peppers||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Chop the fish fillets finely or grind twice until minced.
3) In a skillet, saute the onions and garlic in half of the oil for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Stir in the chili peppers, turmeric, lemon rind and salt.
5) Transfer almost half of the onion mixture into the fish and
mix thoroughly, until smooth.
6) Shape the mixture into walnut-size balls and roll them in the cornstarch.
7) Add rest of the oil into the onion mixture in the skillet and saute the fish balls until lightly browned, shaking the skillet frequently.
8) Stir in the tomatoes and cook covered over a low heat for 20 minutes.
9) Taste and adjust the seasoning.
10) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.