Bengali Beef Curry
|Lean beef stew||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger piece||2 Inch|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon sticks||2 (2 Inch Each)|
|Beef broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Take the beef and carve into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
2) Remove the peel of the garlic.
3) Reduce half the jalapeno into mince form and cut the other half into rings.
4) With the help of a mortar, mash the garlic with the minced jalapeno, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
5) Pare the onions and ginger.
6) Finely chop one onion and cut the other into rings and separate the rings and keep aside.
7) Chop the ginger fine.
8) Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet and fry half the meal over high heat till brown.
9) Transfer the pieces to a plate with the help of a slotted spoon and repeat with the remaining meat.
10) Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet over moderate heat and fry the onion rings and jalapeno rings briefly by turning for 2 minutes.
11) Remove and keep aside.
12) Now add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet and fry quickly the chopped onion and ginger for 5 minutes.
13) Next add the cumin, coriander, and thyme, and saute for a minute.
14) Add the meat, garlic paste, cinnamon, bay-leaves, and broth and allow the mixture to boil.
15) Cover the skillet with lid and reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
16) Serve hot at once.