Fish In Coconut Curry Sauce
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onions||3 Cup (48 tbs), thinly sliced (Preferably Red)|
|Minced ginger root/2 teaspoons powdered ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Cashew nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), ground|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lime juice/Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
1) With a sharp knife, cut the sole into half crosswise.
2) Wash the pieces well and dry.
3) With salt, season the fish pieces.
4) In a skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of oil.
5) In this hot oil, brown the fillets. Remove the fillets and keep aside.
6) In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil.
7) In the oil, saute the onions until soft. Do not brown the onions.
8) Remove half of the onions and keep aside.
9) To the remaining onions, gradually add the ginger, nuts, chili peppers, saffron, and the coconut cream. Mix well.
10) Bring this mix to a boil.
11) In a small bowl, stir together the lime juice, cornstarch, and sugar.
12) Into the sauce, add this mix.
13) To the skillet, add the browned fish fillets and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
14) Transfer the fish and sauce to a platter and garnish with reserved onions. Serve hot with rice.